Congratulations on wanting to join our winning team! Get ready for an amazing journey which will fulfill you in ways you did not think possible.
Being a member of the New Heights Ventures team is more than a job, more than a career, it’s a life changing experience. As a team member, you will play an integral part in focusing and directing the lives of adults with developmentally disabilities. You will be responsible for assisting them reach their goals and integrating them into the community. If you are up for the challenge, we would like to talk to you. The first step in starting your journey is to complete and submit your application. Let’s get started.
This job is a front-line position providing personal care, training, and social interaction outlined in each served person’s individual training manual.
- Working with multiple individuals in a home setting.
- Following approved Individual Training Manuals.
- Following approved Individual Program Plans.
- Applying emergency response actions in crisis situations.
- Training and assisting persons served whom need help with eating.
- Documenting of staff and persons served activities.
- Accompanying persons served on recreational activities or shopping.
- Performing related work when required.
- Training and assisting persons served with transferring consumers to and from bed, showers, vehicles, or toilets.
- Training and assisting with bathing and dressing individuals.
- Training and assisting with incontinence care.
- Handling unsupervised situations.
- Having patience in slow communication situations.
- Writing legibly and in proper English for documentation needs.
- Willing to learn and adapt to various situations.
- First Aid and CPR certified (agency will reimburse hired employees re-certifying).
- Valid CA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Prior experience preferred but not necessary.
- Free from any physical ailments that would prevent attendant from performing job duties.
- Able to perform necessary transfers and hands on assistance for persons served.
Apply to join the team