Supported Living Services
Helping adults with developmental disabilities live on their own & in the community
New Heights Ventures provides Supported Living Services (SLS), which consist of a wide range of services to help those with developmental disabilities who choose to live in homes they themselves own or lease in the community. Their SLS may include:
- Helping them through the Individual Program Plan (IPP) process
- Assisting them with selecting and moving into a home
- Choosing their personal attendants and housemates
- Acquiring household furnishings
- Common daily living activities and emergencies
- Becoming a participating member in community life
- Managing their personal financial affairs
These SLS help individuals exercise meaningful choice and control in their daily lives, including where and with whom to live. Their SLS program is designed to foster and nurture relationships, encourage full membership in the community, and work toward their long-range personal goals. SLS are offered for as long and as often as needed, with the flexibility required to meet a person's changing needs over time. We work with the individual to establish and maintain a safe, stable, and independent life in their own home.
Unsure of where to start?
Trying to find Supported and Independent Living Services and In-Home Respite Care for adults with developmental disabilities can seem like a scary and intimidating prospect. We've put together a simple 3 phase road map to help guide you through this process.